Sunday, November 20, 2011

Convos with the Kiddos

On our walk on Main St. yesterday:

Charley: What's a girl with no head called?
me: (very disturbed) Ummmmm, I don't know...

5 minutes later...
Charley: Mom!  What's a girl with no head called?
me: ...(thinking I'm raising a serial killer and maybe if I don't answer him he will stop being a weirdo)

1 minute after that...
Charley: (very frustratedly points to a shop window) MOM!  WHAT ARE THOSE GIRLS WITH CLOTHES AND NO HEADS CALLED !?!?
me: OH! Oh, those are called mannequins.  (phew!)

Doing watercolors with the boys while it was raining today:
Miles is trying to paint his hands and arms.
me: No, you paint on the paper Miles.  And when you want a new color you rinse your brush off in the  water like this...
Miles picks up the cup of dirty brown paint water
Miles: I drink this.
me: NO! No Miles, that is dirty water.  Gross!
Miles: I drink this.
me: NO! NO! Disgusting!  I'll get you a glass of clean water to drink okay?
( I turn around to get a sippy cup out of the cupboard and when i turn back around I see Miles trying to sneak a sip of the nasty paint water...)

1 comment: